PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is best used for Web development, especially to create dynamic web pages. For this reason, PHP can easily be embedded into HTML and can be interpreted by a Web server. This Web server generates the Web page document. Instead of lots of commands to output HTML, PHP pages contain HTML with embedded code that does "something."
PHP is available as a processor for most modern web servers and as a standalone interpreter on most operating systems and computing platforms.
Features of PHP
- Standard Cmon Gateway Interface (CGI) and Apache Module Support:on PHP offers to be installed on any UNIX machine running any UNIX Web server. As PHP is an Apache module, it becomes a very powerful and fast alternative to CGI programming.
- Access Logging: PHP offers access logging feature that helps the users maintain their own hit count and logging details. It provides real-time access monitoring and does not use the system’s central access log files in any way.
- Access Control: PHP comprises a built-in Web-based configuration screen that handles access control configuration. This makes it possible to create rules for all or some Web pages owned by a certain person. These restrictions may be on who can view the pages and how; can the pages be password protected; which pages are completely restricted and so on.
- HTTP-based Authentication Control: PHP can be used to create customized HTTP-based authentication mechanisms for the Apache Web server.
- Extended Regular Expressions: PHP supports all common regular expression operations used for pattern matching, pattern substitutions and general string manipulation.
- It’s Free: The PHP package is licensed under the GNU/GPL which allows you to use the software for any purpose, commercial or otherwise. This means that the PHP package is free!
Advantages of PHP
PHP Language provides a number of benefits for the users:
- PHP can run on both UNIX and Windows servers. This makes it more flexible.
- PHP is an extremely popular scripting language and its free availability gives it an added advantage. This means that anybody can download it and use it 100% for free.
- PHP was created to develop dynamic Web Pages so it is fast on websites. The PHP code is embedded in HTML and the time it takes to process and load the browser with HTML and create a full web page is very quick.
- The syntax of PHP is very easy to use and learn. PHP is usually mixed in with HTML and can be easily included in HTML files.
- The support for PHP is phenomenal due to its free availability. There are mailing lists and forums you can join and search for answers. This is one of the benefits of open source software for businesses; you get the software for free but only pay for support. This way you save yourself a lot of money.
ILSA Solutions has been a reliable name in the software sector for a long time. Based on the client requirements in Web development, we offer the best product using advanced languages such as PHP